Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fine weather for ducks with a sunny ending

plants before we planted Saturday Rodney driving the transplater





It Has been another busy week on my farm.  It started off with being rainy and not able to do much in the Fields but there where still plenty of things to do.  This past week I worked on equipment. I changed my recently acquired transplanter "aka My birthday present to my self haha, it arrived at our farm the day before my birthday." to 34" row centers so it matched up with how I have every thing else set. the next day I brought my super C home and put a cultivator on it so that I can cultivate my salad Ill put more pictures of that up on here once I start doing that.  then it was barely dry enough to squeak in this weeks salad planting, I got it in quick because I wasn't sure if we where going to be getting more rain like they where talking about, luckily it just sprinkled a little.  Friday  we staked out where my new Packing shed and machine shed is going to be built then I roto tilled so that we could transplant on Saturday.  for the first run with my new transplanter I feel we did well we planted about 7500 transplants in the afternoon, lots of mini red onions, spring raab, Kohlrabi, and head lettuce.  Thank you Rodney and Ryan Crain for helping. I almost for got to mention that I went to Farmers market today and sold a few potatoes that I have stored over winter, it was great to be back at farmers market to see all of my friends down there.  stay tuned for more excitement @ G It's Fresh.

my Cultivator tractor before I put all sorts of cultivator parts on it.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! You have a beautiful farm! Keep up with the good work you're doing and keep blogging about it. :) I could be a reader. Have a nice night and take care!

    ReplyDelete